Friday, June 29, 2012

Cala Santa Ponsa.

It is a nice bay, but the wind change all the time. The pattern, I have worked out, is that we have W wind during most of the day and at night the wind dies to nothing and early morning we get a E land breeze.

No problems in general, except that the anchor and chain has to cope with 180° change a couple of times each day. Many yachts drag and New Dawn did it once. I noted it quickly and moved further out and let out 55 m of chain and since we have not dragged. But it is a constant worry, as the bay is busy with also large yachts coming and going all the time.


This yachts had some nice toys, for the four kids on-board and they had two great days on the slide. They were active from morning to evening.  Giggling all day.

In this W facing bay, we can get a nice sunset, which is watched with pleasure from my deck and with my  sundowner(s).





The last two days I amused myself polished the Port blue stripe 2 times and SB 1.5 time. Need more work, and a final Wax, but we have a swell coming in from the W and it is not easy standing in the tender and the waves from passing boats don’t help. It will be done - later on. Then it will be the SS and thereafter the windows, etc, cockpit and finally the inside. Ugh there are loads of work after such a long trip hand steering where my time was limited for these tasks.......

I spoke to Nicolas yesterday, as he was packing for his home trip, and we arranged for Beauvallon. He seemes to have had two nice weeks at the house, which is always a pleassure to hear. I believe Stephane will also go to beauvallon sometime in August, so we might meet up there, which would be nice. 

No comments: