Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mallorca.

Last night we had a lightning storm and some rain. Fortunately it was short, but wow the rain was dirty. This morning New Dawn was completely covered in fine light brown dust. I had too many jobs to do to start cleaning up the mess. It will be done once things have settled down a bit.

My day was taken by arranging for the Simrad chap to come tomorrow morning and have a look at Auto. I also needed to get to a supermarket and to arrange for the huge washing I have been left by the crew, and off course my own things.

The Marina De Santa Ponsa is nice and is made from a natural indent in the rocks. It is warm as the wind can’t really get into it. The club house is impressive with expensive bars and restaurants. At the entrance is a large Memorial celebrating the combined fleets of Catalonia and Aragon which dropped anchor here in 1229 under the command of King Jaime I (Rey Jaime Conquistador), landing an army which eventually drove the Moors from Mallorca. A fiesta to celebrate the anniversary is held each year from 9-16 September. 

The Memorial.

Cala (Bay) De Santa Ponsa, with New Dawn in the center.

No comments: